Selfishness in Relationships: I'm Lovin' It (NOT)

Yes, another post for today. I just have to share this.

Please click here to see what I am commenting on

On that blog that I just linked to, she says "Wow this is so selfish. Why do people in relationships feel like they have to be the sole provider and keeper of their partner’s happiness? I truly just do not understand this phenomenon."


Amen, sista, is what I have to say to that.


Even if you are monogamous, being the sole provider and keeper of your partner's happiness is a fallacy. There are lots of other things than just your partner that make you happy in life. Your friends (maybe they're male, maybe they're female), your family, your pets, your hobbies, movies, music, etc. etc. If you look at it that way, would people still be saying they're their partner's sole provider and keeper of their happiness? Probably not.


Perspective, people.







0 comments:

Post a Comment